Music Banter - View Single Post - What guitar??
Thread: What guitar??
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Blind-Summit
Groupie

Hi piwinner

It's a hard question to answer because it depends on several factors. You said that you play punk, blues and metal. Based on that, I would think maybe a strat or an RG series Ibanez. You can play punk on any sort of guitar. Blues you maybe want the single coil pickups - look at Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eric Clapton - they both play Fender Strats. Metal guitarists play Ibanez, ESP, Dean, Jackson - there are loads to pick from.

Aside from that, it's about personal choice. You already have the Les Paul Studio, so a strat would give you a different (single coil) sound for the blues. Your LP would be better for playing rock and metal.

$600 is about £400, so you could get a mid range strat with that. It would also buy you a fairly decent Ibanez RG.

You should also try and play a few different guitars in your local store. The Line 6 Spider is a common amp, so I'm sure you can find your model, or at least a similar Spider in that range to play through. What guitar looks cool? What plays nicely. That's half the fun of buying a new guitar - spending the best part of a day in the store!

I run a guitar site over at blind-summit.co.uk and would be happy to try and help you more if you so wish.

Hope that's helped a little.
Blind-Summit is offline   Reply With Quote