Music Banter - View Single Post - I Have A Proposition
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
So pretty much linking to an online stream?

Embedding youtube videos always helps, as well as directing people to myspace pages and last FM pages (With their radio things in the corner)

You can always make a compilation and upload it via mediafire, even if its just a song or two so when people ask for a sample its there to go...
'Mediafire' whats that? Also I saw on the attachment link music files are not eligible to be uploaded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
As Zarko pointed out many of the regulars who post threads introducing us to bands usually upload an album or two by the artist for anyone who's interested, along with youtube links..ect. It's certainly not required but it really does make things easy.
Yeah well as you can see Ive already uploaded album covers anyway, all I had in mind was perhaps having samples of my favourite tracks from the albums just to introduce people to it when they visit the post.
It would be a much more effective way of introducing people to music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
If people could upload pirated music up to the musicbanter server, well .. that's obviously not a good idea
Well I did have the 'copyright' reason in the back of my mind.
As for it being a 'bad idea', yes by the law's standards but tell me who takes that seriously when it comes to music, a lot of youtube stuff is unliscensed and you see it getting removed because of copyright claims.
If you asked most of the people on this forum i think they would find it a great idea to be able to hear samples as soon as they click on the post.
Ah well, It was only a suggestion.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote