Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wondrous World of Parasites - Beware icky pix!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #47 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
Ok, here's a list of peculiar neighbours of mine

* Creepy old guy who seems good natured enough but is also very weird. He goes everywhere (including on the bus) with a video recorder and sometimes tapes random people.

* Electrician dude who at first seemed fine but then wouldn't let us use his driveway to get out onto the road when our one was blocked off due to roadworks. His reasoning was that he dislikes our landlord because of some dispute over the fencing. I don't see why he should take it out on us.

* Upstairs family who ignore us when we say hello and play bollywood soundtracks, hilarious bollywoodified versions of well known songs (Final Countdown and Child in Time) and generally trashy dance music at 7 am every morning.

* There's a house at the end of our backyard and its bathroom faces our garden - once I was doing some weeding and some guy was in the bathroom coughing and spluttering for 10 whole minutes... it sounded like he was regurgitating his guts. There were points when he almost seemed to have stopped his spluttering symphony, but then not long afterwards he would hawk up again.

* Some guy who screamed at us for reversing into his driveway so that we could get out onto the road.
Ewww guy with the video recorder! That reminds me of old men who go to beaches and take photos of little girls and boys on their phones. When you said there was a bathroom facing your garden I thought you were going to say you saw a guys pee pee haha!

They are a pretty strange lot from the sounds of it, and I don't think my neighbours compare as they are pretty typical drunken students who dress up and play loud music all the time. But it's so close to Uni so I love it. Back when I lived with my folks in my second house their was an old bat on one side of us who used to watch my dad and take notes of how much water he used, and she would yell at him! She had a 40 year-old son living with her...strange. And then on the otherside was a family who were obviously poor and had strange parties all the time and had dogs barking all day long. So to sum up...it's a hard road finding the perfect neighbours!