Music Banter - View Single Post - I Have A Proposition
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridical Fiction View Post
I think an alternative to what OP might be getting at is having the ability to embed a streaming flash music player. You know, those kind where you upload songs to a public server and make a playlist, then embed the player.
(I guess playlist.com would even be an option, provided the music is already available there)

The benefit wouldn't be extreme, but I can see how it'd make things slightly easier than following links to other sites.
I don't see how that would be any different than embedding Youtube videos as far as legality is concerned.

Any thoughts?

Edit:
To add on to this, I wonder how feasible it'd be to have the ability to embed a small flash music player in your sig that holds a streaming playlist of your fave tunes that others can click and listen to at any point.
Yeah I just thought it would be good to have some a couple of Robert Plant tracks available to stream on the post & I think it would be better than having links. Never mind anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Yup, my point is that you can't upload pirated music to the musicbanter server. At least I wouldn't want that because it puts the site in danger. If you can stream it from other sites, that would solve that problem.

On last.fm, there is a [track artist=Yes]Close to the Edge[/track] function that would then make close to the edge a clickable link to it's stream. Maybe it's possible to add such last.fm function to the forum with a little php knowledge.

I could have a look into it. I think it's fun anyways.
I understand the piracy issue, what I was saying is that you dismissed my idea as 'obviously' not a good idea whereas piracy issues aside, it would be beneficial to the users of this site. Just forget it anyway man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote