Music Banter - View Single Post - The Robert Plant Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertPlantFan View Post
I agree the boxed set is pricey but if you've tried one of Robert's albums and liked it, it's well worth the price. In addition to the albums being remastered nicely, there are live tracks and they also include all the bonus tracks that didn't appear on all the albums especially the U.S. releases. The set also includes a large book that has a history of each album and what went on during the recording. The new individual releases are also remastered and include the bonus material, so you can get them as singles, but you miss out on the DVD and the book.

The thing about getting into Robert's music is that no one or two of his albums is representative of what he does. Raising Sand was far and away different and yet got more critical acclaim than anything. Mighty Rearranger finally showcased his love of African roots. Dreamland delved into his love of the whole 60s psychedelic thing. I think that's why people often overlook him. They can't fit him in a nice, neat little genre.

I have a few live tracks from various shows throughout Robert's live history up on my website (check my sig). I'll have more up over time. I've got quite a few boots from the 90s and have most of the shows from 2001 onward.

Look for some boots of the Priory of Brion stuff. Robert never recorded with that band but some of the song versions they did were outstanding, including early workings of some of the things that showed up on Dreamland.
Yeah well Im always interested in artists who embrace different styles of music & I think Plant is one of them each album is different from the other the only 2 similar ones are the first two 'Pictures At Eleven' & 'The Principle Of Moments'. Yeah well Ive now got all his albums but it sounds really good especially to read up on how the albums were made and also bonus tracks from each session. I will most definitely be getting this soon.
By the way i checked your 'sig' assuming thats the link to the Robert Plant website but couldnt find anything about bootlegs or that. Do you have any from Fate Of Nations tour, I have the one I mentioned 'In The Mood' but the quality is pretty ****.
So what albums of his have you got? Whats your favourite?
Or did you just get the Nine Lives boxset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote