Music Banter - View Single Post - Adonai's Ambient/Noise reviews
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Adonai
An ambient-loving cookie

Default Aythis - Glacia [2009]

Aythis - Glacia

Year : 2009
Genre : Neoclassical Ambient
Label : Prikosnovénie/Nove

The Tracklist :
1. The Violet
2. Le Temps d'un voyage
3. Autan Noir
4. Glacia's Elegy
5. Forget me not
6. Moonlit Path

The album is composed of an ethereal voice, sad/funeral/depressive keyboard melodies and orchestral/military drums. The tracks are fluid-like and very atmospheric. It makes you think about many things : life, death, your future, things you can/can't do etc. The atmosphere itself is very dark, but the haunting melodies make it a bit "lighter" than it seems to be. The music is very deep, so you can relax and fall asleep very easily. Sometimes you start listening and you wake up from a some kind of trance only when the whole album is over. At least I do. The album doesn't share any concepts of noise ambient, so the tracks aren't chaotic and have a melody and sometimes a slow, soothing orchestral drum beat. If there's a piano melody in the song, it just takes over your mind and drives you away. It's really amazing.

The voice. I tried to figure out the lyrics on my own a few times, but I failed horribly. Every time I started to listen carefully to the voice, I was fascinated with it and just couldn't concentrate anymore. So I suggest you to just enjoy this beauty.

My favourite track is "Le Temps d'un voyage". It starts with a sound of rain and then a slow, haunting keyboard theme fades in. The voice in this track perfectly suits the instumentals and the rare, quiet drum kicks are a great addition to the lyrical, mystical atmosphere.

In conclusion, I would recommend this to ALL male human beings. Aythis is a woman and since ambient music is a part of your soul, we (men) can explore women' soul and perception by using the small window into their winds provided by Glacia and her album.

The Rating
I know, giving 10 of 10 isn't good, but I just can't give it less. Please don't start thinking I am one of those guys that give all albums 10 of 10. It's totally wrong. But this album is just amazing, I haven't seen better Neoclassical ambient works in whole my life. It's just stunningly amazing. So, it deserves 10/10 from me. It's so amazing that after downloading the album I listened to it twice, then deleted the files and ordered two legal copies of it. I even think about donating money to her.

10/10