Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wondrous World of Parasites - Beware icky pix!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #52 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Hehe, sorry about all the nitpicking What you have there is a quote from MSNBC, though. The article itself says that :

"Clinical diagnostic features are lifelong eruption of pityriasis versicolor-like macules, flat wart-like papules and development of cutaneous carcinomas. Patients present with flat, slightly scaly, red-brown macules on the face, neck and body, or verruca-like papillomatous lesions, seborrheic keratosis-like lesions, and pinkish-red plane papules on the hands, upper and lower extremities, and face. The benign form of EV presents with only flat, wart-like lesions over the body, whereas the malignant form shows a higher rate of polymorphic skin lesions and development of multiple cutaneous tumors."

In other words, it describes it as wart-like papules and so on. "Real" warts are caused by viruses, but Dede's condition was caused by something else.
Ah I got ya.
They didn't explain it in that depth during the video I watched... So I guess they felt the word "wart" was adequate enough.

As the saying goes:
Looks like a turd, smells like a turd....