Music Banter - View Single Post - Swine Flu
Thread: Swine Flu
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 AM   #201 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Yup, babies being born so close to the anal opening actually exposes them to intestinal bacteria from mother's rear and these make a living in the baby's own intestines. Babies delivered by C-section are actually at higher risk of food allergies.

Exposure to bacteria and viruses are crucial for developing a good immune system against them .. Kids growing up at farms have very little allergy, believed to be a result of their exposure to manure, animals etc. It makes me cringe a bit when I see stuff like this :

Yip exactly, why do people think kids can eat dirt and playdoh etc? Because their bodies need the crazy germs to prevent them from being upset by things later in life. Parents suddenly stopped giving their children peanuts and peanut butter in fear of them getting allergies to it yet they end up getting them anyway as they grow up without adequate exposure.

I think society has gone way over the top with hygiene. If we were that unhygenic the human race wouldn't have made it through the **** poor conditions of living in the past, would they?