Music Banter - View Single Post - Who are your least favorite/favorite actors/actresses?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
[Paranoid.Android]
YOU GET NOTHING!

Favorites:

I agree wholeheartedly with Zooey Deschanel. Ho-lee shit, she's awesome. I just love her in everything she does. She's cute as hell too, which only adds to her charm.

Johnny Depp: Yeah I know he's a bit overrated and an insufferable Europhile but the dude can act his freakin' face off. He's one of the most versatile people on the screen today, and he played the best damn Hunter S. Thompson anyone ever could.

Gael Garcia Bernal: If you don't watch many foreign movies you probably won't know who this is, but he's absolutely fantastic. (Also, if you don't, he was in Babel as the Mexican nanny's nephew who got them stranded in the desert.) He was amazing in Michael Gondry's The Science of Sleep, and really carried the whole movie (which was more of a nonlinear piece of visual art than a film, and my main complaint is it carried Gondry's signature "I'm not going to make an ending for this, hahaha" thing.) Y Tu Mama Tambien and La Mala Educacion are among my absolute favorite films, and it's really all thanks to his amazing acting. Amores Perros is good, too.

Heath Ledger: And not just because he's dead. Dude was fantastic in Candy, which is probably the most depressing movie I have ever seen in my life (Requiem for a Dream is basically tied) and Brokeback Mountain was absolutely beautiful. I still love that silly teen flick 10 Things I Hate About You and it's, once again, mainly because of him. His portrayal of the Joker completely won me over and even let me forgive Christian Bale's stupid Batman voice. What better legacy can an actor leave behind than making Jack Nicholson look like a fucking schoolgirl???

While we're on Jack Nicholson: I find it amazing that a guy can go completely out of his gourd from drug abuse back in the seventies and continue to make an illustrious career through the rest of his life. I'm going to be really sad when he dies, he's been one of my favorite actors since I was around eleven.

Harrison Ford has been a hero since childhood - he was Han Solo and Indiana Jones, which basically sums up about 75% of the games I played outside when I was a kid. I wanted to be both when I grew up.

I love Robin Williams when he's not doing simpering kiddie-schlock.

John C. Reilly may be ugly as sin, but dude can act like no other and has an amazing singing voice. He's a great character actor, but I'd really like to see him do a little more with himself. Still, he's fantastic.

Michael Cera : I see great things in this kid's future. He's just so likeable onscreen, to the point where you're pretty much sure that's how he is in real life. Hopefully he won't let it all go to his head. An absolute pleasure to watch. He's one of those guys I'd like to see my younger sister dating, if that makes any sense.

Ewan McGregor: if only for Trainspotting and Moulin Rouge. But seriously - I love his voice, I love his facial expressions, I love his mannerisms. One hell of an actor and singer.

Neil Patrick Harris: is gay, and still gets more chicks than you.

There's others, but I'd go on forever lol.

Least Favorites:

Parker Posey: annoys the hell out of me. Every time she's on screen my teeth start grinding.

Ben Affleck: is a douche. Not just a douche, but a megadouche. Now that he's done riding on the coattails of Matt Damon (whom I'm not too fond of either), he's gone off to make his own movies... that suck. YOU RUINED DAREDEVIL, YOU FUCK!

Keanu Reeves
: Outside of Bill and Ted, dude has NO onscreen personality and ONE facial expression. A disgrace to the art. Ruined Constantine for comic fans everywhere.

Tom Cruise
: That silly little twit needs to get the fuck back on his spaceship and go home.

Kathy Bates
: scares the living shit out of me.

I may come up with more later lol.

Last edited by [Paranoid.Android]; 05-05-2009 at 05:45 PM.
[Paranoid.Android] is offline   Reply With Quote