Music Banter - View Single Post - Strength / Weakness
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Clutch

S: A band where all the parts are good, Tim Sult's and Dan Maines' cohesive guitar and bass, JP Gaster's explosive drumming and Neil Fallon's lyrical genius (he actually has an degree in English, which is AWESOME) as well as their idiosyncratic approach to music and general apathy to music trends

W: Some of their releases these days lack the kind of kick they had back in the 90s, especially their blues stuff. plus Neil isn't really the best singer, some of my friends can't get into them cause of the vocals.

Mastodon

S: great sound, stoner rock combined with a bit of progressive and able to produce some beautiful as well as hard hitting music. The idea of designating elements to each of their albums work, seeing as songs on there can make you feel the element

W: some of their songs can be a bit boring and uneventful. their solos can be messy sometimes as well as have some missed oppurtunities.

Between the Buried and Me

S: Technically superb, all the musicians are great, and they can be technical while not being too much. can be able to change genres at the drop of a dime and still make the song good

W: some parts of their songs are a bit cheesy, plus they sometimes rehash and overuse riffs and parts. also, Tommy's vocals can be a bit much

Red Hot Chili Peppers

S: they have some serious staying power (some people don't realize how long they've been around), made not only great funk rock, but have transcended genres and can still be accessible to today's youth

W: Anthony Keidis isnt that good of a singer, plus John Frusciante sometimes has too much influence over the band's music. plus their musc today isn't as exciting as it once was

Jimi Hendrix

S: definately an influental part of music, not just in rock. was a guitarist who was able to use his instrument as an extension of himself. he had command of many genres (rock, blues, jazz) and he could make sounds come out of a guitar that one could only dream of

W: pretty average as a singer, plus he was a bit selfish playing live

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?

Last edited by Antonio; 05-06-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote