Music Banter - View Single Post - Asher Roth
Thread: Asher Roth
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

people are trying to take this guy way too seriously.....just take him at face value....he bull**** party, drinking smoking weed lyrics is like the first half of his album excluding "be by myself".....

I really think his album picks up momentum near the end....the first track that shows that he has the potential to get better in the future is "As I Em" and "Lion's Roar" that has Busta Rhymes on the track. I believe by Asher's third album people may have a different view about him. I personally think he should have put the track "Bad Day near the beginning and moved "Be By Myself" near the end. Bad day is pretty funny to me because some of the things he talks about has happened to me in the past. He talks about his dad in "His Dream" and then ends the album on a note where he lets you know about his past a little more on the track "Fallin"

I get the voice comparison to Em but his flow is waaaay too slow and chill to be like Em's. Also sometimes he doesn't even know what type of flow he wants and it jumps all over the place like unintentionally. It's a bit rough to get used to but if you can get past that....he has some quality tracks.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote