Music Banter - View Single Post - READ ME! The Newcomers Guide to MusicBanter
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Welcome

Welcome to musicbanter! As you've probably found out, musicbanter is a large internet community for people who want to discuss music, write/read album reviews and so on. Musicbanter is heavily moderated by a moderators team that do their best to keep this place ad-free and friendly to registered users. As a result, there are some strict rules that you need to pay attention to, otherwise you might get perma-banned. Let's hope it doesn't get to that. In general, we want members who are here to be part of our community and not those who only sign up to promote themselves, events or an artist. Newcomers who are here to advertise something are generally not allowed to stick around for long.

Posting links requires that you have a 15 posts post count. The forums are divided into different reasonably self-explanatory sections. Posting in the introductions forum and lounge section does not add to your post count and posts in the editors pick and members journal area need to be validated by moderators before they show up.

Introduce yourself

If you wanna be a part of our community, you should start by introducing yourself. Do so by creating a new thread in the introductions forum. What you wanna write is up to you, but some things you might include is who you are, age and gender, where you come from and, of course, what sort of music you like.

First impressions are very important, so make an effort!

Put yourself up for adoption

If you want, you can try putting yourself up for adoption in the http://www.musicbanter.com/introduct...pt-newbie.html thread. Exactly what a foster parent / adoptee do is up to them, but if you make a good impression in your introductions thread, some might want to take you on as a young padawan / grasshopper / apprentice.

In any case, it's a good way to get to know someone on the forums!

Dos and donts

On musicbanter, you have to post according to the rules. Posting here is a privilege and not a right. Rule breaking may result in bans or gained infraction points. Infraction points can accumulate over time and if you get enough, they eventually result in a ban. Moderators can also see the infraction history of all users and the severity of punishment tends to increase with the amount of infractions previously recieved. Other than obeying the rules, there are a couple more things you should be aware of.

These are threads will be deleted on sight :
  • Any advertising whatsoever
  • What genre is this?
  • Please name my band
  • Hello i'm new here, here's a link to my blog
  • Hear my band
  • I don't know the name of this tune, download a sample of it here
  • Vs threads (Maybe left open at moderators discretion)
  • Help me with my project/study/survey/poll

Please don't start any of these threads unless you have our explicit permission. Also, new members should stick around long enough to become a part of our community before they start promoting stuff. Other than that, whenever you make a new thread, make an effort. For example, if you start a thread about a band, please add a little info on who they are or some kind of opinion about them and so on. Try and write a little more than just "anyone heard them?"!
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote