Music Banter - View Single Post - READ ME! The Newcomers Guide to MusicBanter
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Frequently Asked Questions

These are questions commonly asked answered. However, if you have a question and you can't find the answer below, in the Users Guide or in the BBCode list, just leave a post with your question in this thread.

How do I upload a large/animated avatar?
By default when uploading an avatar in the user control panel, the vBulletin system restricts it to 80x80 pixels or 19.5 KB. If you want a larger avatar, simply post your desired picture in the Avatar Requests thread after reading the instructions in that thread. Currently our maximum size is 175 pixels wide by 250 pixels high. If you want to create an animated avatar, there are many programs on the internet with which you can do this.

How do I put my last FM in my sig?
You can include your last.fm chart using [last.fm.charts=YOUR_CHART_STYLE]NAME_AT_LAST.FM[/last.fm.charts].

Usage : [last.fm.charts=Option]value[/last.fm.charts]
Example Usage : [last.fm.charts=lastfmplain]Seltzer[/last.fm.charts]

Check out last.fm charts to get an overview of the chart options.

Can I link my blog / website / whatever in my sig?
Advertisement is not allowed on musicbanter. If you want to put up an ad to a personal project, show you're here to be a part of our community and not just here to promote yourself first.

Can I post download links to my own stuff?
Same answer as above.

How do I change my name?
Moderators do not have the power to change user names, so you need to send a request to Yac, the administrator.

How do I change my user-title?
Provided you have enough posts (post count of 50ish we believe), you can do so in the "Custom User Title" box in the Edit Your Details of your Control Panel.

Can I make my own members journal?
Members journals are a very good way to promote yourself, your reviews or your ramblings. However, before you make one, you should first try and become part of our community. When you think you're ready, request one in the About Members Journal thread.

Why can't I see my post in the members journal?
The Members Journal forum is more heavily moderated than most other forums on musicbanter and each post there must be validated by a moderator before it appears. Because of this, make sure you put a little effort in your posts there and have patience!

Last edited by Guybrush; 06-04-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote