Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 05:39 AM   #145 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
Hahhahaha all of his recent albums have been utter crap in comparison to his 60's and 70's output, and he has the nerve to label Johnny Cash's comebacks before his death as low grade? The man really has lost it.
I disagree with this and highly doubt whether you have actually listened to his recent albums.
I wouldn't label them as crap but obviously the likes of 'Desire' & 'Blood On The Tracks' aint ever gonna be bettered by him.
As for the Johnny Cash comment, fair enough hes entitled to his opinion, I know people who dont like Johnny Cash at all, never mind his comeback.
Personally I think Rick Rubin did a great job with him and I have mostly all of his American Recordings albums ,which to me are nothing short of excellent.
So to say he has 'lost it' just because he doesnt like a particular artist is just nonsense. He actually should be praised for having the guts to come out and say something like that- when popular opinion is that his comeback was excellent.
Also I much prefer his 80s & 90s stuff to the 60s albums he did. (and I have mostly all of them from every period- just missing a few from 60s & 70s).
For instance I would much rather listen to the versions of Rainy Day Women, Tomnbstone Blues, All Along The Watchtower on the MTV Unplugged album rather than the originals.
I also love the album 'Oh Mercy'(1989) & is probably the most listened to Dylan album I have after 'Desire' (my favourite), but thats just me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote