Music Banter - View Single Post - Dire Straits Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
It's sad, really. Dire Straits could use a good thread because the previous ones were not really good. When you decide to make one, you announce in the thread title that you wish Brothers in Arms to be excluded from appraisal, a popular album released at the peak of their career.

Is this a tribute thread or a poor attempt at trolling? And why do you feel the need to post all their album covers?
In your opinion perhaps, I made a thread based on my own perception of Dire Straits. So if your only interest doesnt stretch beyond worship of 'Brothers In Arms' based on (reasons given by you) 'Popular' & 'Peak of their career'. I judged it by the music I heard on it. But if thats not the factors you consider then fine.
In addition I welcolme anybody to post whatever they think about Dire Straits on this thread.
Also i think it would be boring if it was just another pointless rant about how supposedly 'great' Brothers In Arms is.
As for album covers, I see it as a simple way of educating people on their discography, but fair enough if you want to 'punish' me for breaking the one post at a time rule then so be it..
P.S. What the **** is 'trolling'????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote