Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #2097 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
This is as far as I bothered to read before I figured the rest of the wall wasn't worth bothering with, so I'll just reply to this bit.

Basically, what he does it matter if he lives in a big house or sends his hats with planes? (What hat by the way, source?) The guy has generated millions and millions for charities around the world. Besides, even if he does fly expensive planes, his efforts have been mostly focused on poverty / education / apartheid and the like. I don't think it's all for nothing just because he's got cash.

I hear he's a pain in the ass (from Norway, I don't see his TV appearances etc.) and U2 certainly got boring, but ripping on him for this seems petty, little informed and bitter if anything.
He is a pain, and a total hypocrite. Heres the link for the 'hat incident'. The Amazing Voyage of Bono's Hat
As for you saying 'the rest wasnt worth bothering with', Im intriguied as to why. You must be pretty narrow minded if you arent really open to other peoples opinions. Ive given pretty fair points when putting my opinion across (with the exception of The Rolling Stones -but so true)...
It isnt because Bono has so much money that I hate him. Dont be so stupid. Its that he makes certain claims and then does another which contradicts what he originally said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.