Music Banter - View Single Post - Dire Straits Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Trolling is what trolls do.

My appreciation for Dire Straits goes beyond Brothers In Arms, from their self-titled debut to On Every Street. I just think that by putting your suggested exclusion of Brothers in Arms in the thread title, you're making a tribute thread for the band that is a bit exclusive of those who (also) appreciate Brothers in Arms which makes no sense.

If it was me, I'd just make an appreciation thread on Dire Straits and then perhaps pick on Brothers in Arms in my post if I wanted to, not in the title.
Ok well I aint a 'troll' so were safe there..... I aint just looking to 'provoke emotional reactions' or whatever.
Maybe I didnt make this clear enough but I'm looking to hear from both sides.
People who have different perceptions of Dire Straits, as its always interesting for me to hear other peoples opinions ;
which you seem to be pretty close minded to (IMO.)
Perhaps it was a bit diversive to put something like that in the title but then again it could work the other way. Also I couldnt care what 'you would do' Ill make my own decisions thanks very much... if you want to go and make a 'better' one then go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote