Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall of Fame: Induction Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #120 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
I don't care if you do or don't like the premise, but I will debate the idea of them when your basis of disliking this one in particular is obviously flawed.

You vote in the poll and then in here based on your opinion. Stop being a smart arse for the sake of it

Of course, it is much much easier to complain about things you don't like than contribute positively to threads about things you do love without putting down other music .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
I don't care if you do or don't like the premise, but I will debate the idea of them when your basis of disliking this one in particular is obviously flawed.

You vote in the poll and then in here based on your opinion. Stop being a smart arse for the sake of it

Of course, it is much much easier to complain about things you don't like than contribute positively to threads about things you do love without putting down other music .
But as Ive already said I dont agree with the concept of these 'Hall Of Fame' things. So no, I aint going to vote for anything as I feel it is inappropriate when I dont agree with it in the first place. I saw the list and most of the inclusions bar a few are mostly mainstream predictable entries.
Just because there are a load of Prog Rockers on here is the only reason the likes of 'King Crimson' got in ('Yes' nearly...).
The only 'Hall Of Fame' (although I hate the term) I would be interested in would be one that embraces more styles of music other than just Rock and its subgenres. I have already previously mentioned other genres such as Jazz, Electronic,Soul,Funk,even Avant Garde stuff, which sadly went unnoticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote