Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall of Fame: Induction Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #122 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
But as Ive already said I dont agree with the concept of these 'Hall Of Fame' things. So no, I aint going to vote for anything as I feel it is inappropriate when I dont agree with it in the first place. I saw the list and most of the inclusions bar a few are mostly mainstream predictable entries.
Just because there are a load of Prog Rockers on here is the only reason the likes of 'King Crimson' got in ('Yes' nearly...).
The only 'Hall Of Fame' (although I hate the term) I would be interested in would be one that embraces more styles of music other than just Rock and its subgenres. I have already previously mentioned other genres such as Jazz, Electronic,Soul,Funk,even Avant Garde stuff, which sadly went unnoticed.
Thats all well and good, was just pointing out that it isn't based on being the best nor is it that predictable given who is missing out.

And as I said afterwards, at the beginning the obvious ones get in only for it to branch out.

If you want it to branch out NOW... How about nominating someone instead of complaining?
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote