Music Banter - View Single Post - Dire Straits Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
I love Brothers in Arms, brilliant album.
What is it you 'love' about it? Have you heard 'Love Over Gold' ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
No, the reason I posted "peak of their career" was to indicate to you that Brothers in Arms is the album most people are familiar with. By peak of their career, I didn't mean creatively or artistically, but by pure famousness. They played arenas and had videos on MTV. Furthermore, I never wrote "great album", I wrote "popular album" for the reasons I just mentioned.

In other words, many of those who like Dire Straits will know them from that period which is part of why I think bashing Brothers in Arms in the thread title is a worse idea than, say, bashing Making Movies f.ex.

If you're out after an emotional response from all those who love brothers in arms, then perhaps that could work. That's why I asked if you were "trolling".
Im not looking to provoke people but if I want people to post on my thread then its a good idea isnt it?
Well, I havent heard Making Movies if you had actually read my post where I had stated the only two i dont own are Making Movies & Communique.
Also, why should I not post it just because it contradicts 'popular' opinion, I think it should reflect my own opinion, which it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote