Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
ElephantSack
Man vs. Wild Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
Oh man, I could have gone without knowing that. What the hell is the world coming to?

Hey thats pretty awesome you've seen them twice. I would still love to go see them now anyway, even without Layne. It would have been better, but hey, thats just the way things go. It would be worth it just to see Jerry Cantrell. I didn't know they were working on an album, I'm curious, I'll have to check it out.

Wow, thats a pretty good story you got there. You guys must have been quite the musicians to be able to tackle Highway Song and some of the others you listed. What part do you play in the band?

Yeah I'm familiar with all those classics. I would love to hear your covers. I have been trying to learn "Roadhouse Blues" on my harmonica but I am finding it extremely difficult. Bending notes does not come naturally for me, I'm afraid, haha. I agree with you on the great lineup of "Whale & Wasp" and "Don't Follow". Jar of Flies was quite an album.
Well, all of those songs were throw backs from when my dad played in a band. He started teaching me the bass when I was 8 after my brother picked up the guitar at 10, and we started a cover band dubbed Little Wing when I was 11 and he 13. Our little brother on drums. He was 8. And our sister on lead vocals. She was 14. A host of rhythm guitarists, mostly my brother's best friends.
Our sister quit, so vocal duties shifted to my brother and me, but mostly my brother. After a while, we got tired of playing other peoples' music, so we started writing our own. A few line up shifts, and we emerged a 3-piece. Our little brother recently stopped playing with us and his best friend took over on drums. Still me and my older brother, though.

Here, check us out. You can write a review if you like.

AFTERMATH
ElephantSack is offline   Reply With Quote