Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 05:59 PM   #425 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
He got ejected from the game for it, as he deserved. Scola did help sell it though.

As for Kobe

Looks like boxing out to me. Ron Artest is a riot starter. He was throat slashing during the game. Best to throw him out. Seems fair to me. Shouldn't make murderous gestures if you want to stay in the game.
The other view clearly shows Kobe throwing an elbow... whether it was below the neck or not is up for debate, but it's close. As for the "throat slashing," he was clearly demonstrating that Kobe threw an elbow. You can read his lips during the whole ordeal. He made no such "murderous" gesture. The only reason he was thrown out is because his name was Ron Artest. I'm almost never one to back "Ron Ron," but he was not the least bit in the wrong in this ordeal. Hell, the original foul call on him that ignited it was questionable at best.

Also, Denver will be good as long as they have Chauncey, but I personally think that Carmelo regressed this year. L.A. will be good but they will need to manage their personnel carefully as players like Vujacic, Ariza, and Odom will require a lot of money over the next 3 or 4 years as their contracts expire and values rise. Portland needs another star before they can turn that corner. Dallas is on the way down. Probably the Jazz too. The Hornets are a mess financially. And The Rockets are an interesting case, with some good young players (I have an athletic man crush on Aaron Brooks) and the assumption that they'll trade TMac and have some cap space.

dac is offline   Reply With Quote