Music Banter - View Single Post - Male Birth Control
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Barnard17
My home? Discabled,

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryallen2 View Post
I think there are some risks with this also, liek testicular cancer and blood clots and other health risks.
You read an article about this, or you arbitrarily decided that this would be the case just 'cus?

I agree that the condom is the best thing for contraceptives. If you're in a light relationship or having one night stands you shouldn't be messing with anything else to replace it though double protection is never a bad thing (e.g. condom and pill, not two condoms ....). If you're in a mutually exclusive relationship with a person, condoms can be a hassle because they're uncomfortable and require effort at the beginning of sex to pause and think "rubber up" in which case, as long as you're both getting tested, foregoing the condom in favour of other options is an a-okay thing.

If male contraceptives become out there and on the market, and are shown not to have significant side effects then I'm all in favour of it. Especially considering I know some people that won't/can't take the pill for medical reasons - in their case the potential of a male contraceptive would be a phenomenal step forward.

Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline   Reply With Quote