Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #2164 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Because you were responding to a MB poster who was expressing his opinion?
Yes, but I didn't say anything about MB whatsoever in my post. I was referring to the attitude expressed in that post, not making any particular comment about MB one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
It goes without saying that Zeppelin get too much exposure from the media, but you could say that about everyone from The Beatles to Hendrix, you shouldn't have to discredit a band simply for being very damn popular. The critics also hype stuff like The Jonas Brothers, so it dosen't matter what they think. For me to consider a band to be overrated they have to get a lot of serious praise from critics and music fans, and that only makes them overrated when you think they don't deserve it and of course I think they do, so it's all subjective there.
That last sentence is exactly how I feel about Led Zeppelin. I don't think they deserve the level of praise they get from critics and music fans, therefore I think they're overrated. Don't get me wrong, I actually like Zeppelin, I just don't think they're as good as their reputation suggests. Also, like you, I prefer their later stuff to their earlier stuff.