Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N' Roses (Yes and Chinese Democracy, so don't make other threads on it.)
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 01:58 PM   #193 (permalink)
draven
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepStu
DAMN you an idiot. i stil havent shown you how LZ's career was bigger? 200 MILLION ALBUM SALES, 117.5 MILLION US SALES, 22 MILLION LZ IV ALBUMS SOLD IN US ALONE, 10 MILLION BOX SETS SOLD- BIGGEST IN THE US EVER, 1995- INDUCTED INTO ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME, 2005, GRAMMIES LIFE TIME ACHEIVEMENT AWARD, 120,000 FIRST WEEK SALES OF DVD, 8 ALBUMS IN TOP 100 BEST-SELLING ALBUMS OF ALL TIME, 3 TOP 10 ALBUMS AT ONE TIME. GnR nowhere near measure up to any of that. how many times do i have to wave these facts in your face until you understand. stop kidding yourself, its as blatant as day that LZ were bigger, end of story.
And you wonder why I have to repeat myself.
You love yelling about LZ IV, did you even comprehend what I said about that album?

You are the idiot, who cannot understand that a band with 10 albums is going to sell more than a band with only 3 album. You can do basic math right?
Let me break it down for you one more time since you are really slow.

LZ IV was released in 1971 and in 1990 it was only at 10m albums sold in the USA.

AFD was released in 1987 and in 1998 it reached 15m albums sold in the usa.

Can you do that math? The math is simple, It took LZ 19 years to sell 10m albums of IV, while it took gnr about 10 years to sell 15m copies of AFD.

So what does that tell you? In their peak gnr were bigger than LZ.
Why can't you understand that?

Like I have said at their peak gnr were bigger than LZ. You still have not given me LZs touring numbers. I have shown you how gnr played in front on the UYI tour yet you cant even prove that zep was bigger by showing me their touring numbers until you do that, you have no leg to stand on. All you can do is spew off albums sales.

I am not going to even argue because you have no proven a thing.
You have just proven that with double the albums and about a 20 year head start LZ can sell more albums but even a child understands with a head start like that anyband is going to sell more albums.

This debate is not about who sold more albums overall, its about who was bigger at their peak and its clearly guns n roses.

You have lost, so just give it up. I am dont talking in circles since you cannot even answer a simple question nor give any more proof.

So I am done with you since I kicked your arse in this thread.
draven is offline   Reply With Quote