Music Banter - View Single Post - Comus' 1001 Albums you should listen to before you die
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #82 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
Album 970

The Clash - Sandinista!
Year: 1980

6 sides of pure, experimental Clash. This is just pure awesome from The Magnificent Seven to Shepherds Delight. Yeah 2 hours and 24 minutes of brilliance. You get the point. The album that was released at cut price due to Clash cutting their own royalties from the album is well worth the massive amount of time you're undoubtedly going to have to dedicate to it. People who criticise it only really say that there's "one good album hidden in all of this". Yeah, that's not really a criticism now is it? I'll argue that there's not 1 good album in it all, becuase it is so, so, so much better with everything in it. And as such can only really be a good triple album. This is an experience that cannot be missed, and should be treated as such. Listen to it when you have the time to sit through it all, believe me, it's worth it.

3 Choice Tracks: The Magnificent Seven, Somebody Got Murdered, Police On My Back
Great album, often passed over by casual fans and critics, Sandinista is as you noted experimental Clash at it's best. There is a lot of filler, although that's the wrong word for a song or songs on a triple album, still it's hard to resist delving into the bizarre and experimental rap and country rock songs on the album. Especially 30 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote