Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello everybody.
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Default Hello everybody.

Hello, I'm Neapolitan,

I've been a the site for a few weeks, I'm slowly getting to know the different characters here, from reading posts. And I wanted make an introduction, tell a little bit about myself.

I'm just an average Joe, who likes music. I know some things about music but I don't considered myself very knowlegable or an expert on any one genre or group. The way I feel, the more I learn the less I know. I like a little bit of everything. To use a analogy I got from the food chanel, there are only two kinds of people in the world, those who like only Vanilla and those who like different kind of flavours of ice cream. I'm like the latter. I don't obsess over one band and collect everything they release and in a way I admire people who do that. I have a little bit of knowlegde of music, and small eclectic collection.

The genres I like are Old Timey, Bluegrass, Dawg, Country Blues, Rag-time, Jazz, Western Swing, Jump Blues, Electric Blues, American Folk Revival, American Primative, The New Sound, Doo Wop, Rock n Roll, Rockabilly, Surf, Instrumental Rock, Motown, Beat Music, British Invasion, Nashville Sound, Garage Rock, (Stax - Memphis) Soul, 60's Pop, Psychedelic, Philadelphia Soul, Rock, Hard Rock, AOR, Arena Rock, Progressive Rock, Disco, Glam, Proto-Punk, Mod-Revival, Punk, Art Punk, Post Punk, Ska, New Wave, Power Pop, College Rock, Grunge, Post-Grunge, Alternative Rock, Indie, Bossa Nova, Pipes & Drums, Volkstümliche Musik, Irish & Scottish Traditional, Scandanvian Traditional, Italian Mandolin music; and other world music; basicaly I like old music, the older the better for me, and really don't care for Pop Music, I couldn't name a top ten song in the last 25 years. I won't mention dislikes,

I don't have a single favorite group per-se - I love guitar bands, though, I play a little bit of guitar myself. Some of my favorite guitar groups are Les Paul & Mary Ford, The Shadows, The Ventures, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, U2, REM, The Strokes. My favorite Country Blues singer is Blind Willie McTell, an increbidle blues singer and twelve string guitar player. My favorite peroid in music is the era in-between The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper and Disco/Punk era. Progressive Rock bands like Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, and Jam Bands like The Allman Brothers, and Traffic were simply incredible then.

My favorite guitarist is Steve Howe and from reading about who he likes, and who influenced him as a guitarist, I got into guitar players like Chet Atkins, Les Paul, Wes Montegomery, Hank Marvin.

see you around,
God Bless,
Neapolitan
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote