Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #484 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridical Fiction View Post
Are we simply using the bible as a tool? Or are we truly believing in Christianity?
One would assume those are two separate things.
They do tend to be mutually exclusive, but its not always the case. I tend to lean on the former, but I can't speak for the other who-knows-how-many christians in the world. Forgive me if I display a sort of arrogance, but I believe I understand Christ's true nature and intentions whereas I believe the majority of self-professed christians do not, Hence I do not call myself a christian since I do not relate to or necessarily practice conventional christianity.
Not to keep spouting off bible verse, but Mattew 6:33 - "seek ye' first the kingdom of heaven, and all these thing shall be added unto you" has always been important to me as it reminds me that above all else the pursuit of a relationship w/ the divine is most important and anything that follows as a result of that will be subordinate. In other words I follow a moral code as a result of my relationship w/ the divine and not as an attempt to put myself in good standing with "the big man who lives in the sky".
Christianity is not a bad religion per se, its just that whenever a you have a corporate belief system it often represents itself at its lowest possible level of consciousness. As the Tao te Ching roughly states "Those who know don't speak, and those who speak don't know".
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote