Music Banter - View Single Post - Fox News: Fair and Balanced
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 02:25 PM   #63 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
When did Colbert ever imply that the American people are stupid?

He pokes fun of American culture and politics, but that's what he does, I don't see how he insulted the American people. He's a comedian.

I still disagree with you, the news networks can still carry some impact on how society reacts to things, the whole swine flu scare is a perfect exampe.
I have no problem with your stance, I find it perfectly reasonable. In regards to Colbert, O'Reilly, Olberman. I don't think any of them think that Americans are stupid, I just think they all feel they are a lot smarter then the American people.

I would challenge you on something though Swine Flu, to me the media's reaction to it is considerably more fervent the society. A few school closings sure, but that's more a fear of potential litigation then it is Swine Flu I think.

With the expansion of internet media, people, especially those 45 and under who are comfortable with the Internet and media technology in general can now draw information from such a myriad of sources as to form their own relatively educated opinion on just about any issue they have enough passion or motivation to ever do anything about.

In a roundabout way, all I am saying is FOXNEWS and the like are more a symptom of the culture's evolution (or devolution) then is a cause of it. Society will change and evolve around it, not through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote