Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #725 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryallen2 View Post
It seems that the Brits are ruling the Hardcore scene in the 2000s... The yanks are falling behind.
Wait, what?

The brits have a hardcore scene? O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
U know there's great in both countries definitely and crap in both countries too. I mean we can't really do Jazz but we kick ass at Blues Rock. Our Hip hop is virtually non existent but we excel at Prog. I used to have more bias towards British music but it's split now I think.

I still think though for such a small nation we have had some absolutely brilliant, iconic and influential music.

Comus commented on Europe too and you cannot underestimate Krautrock which was a massive influence on Electronica and then you have some absolutely subliminal music from Africa and the Caribbean.
The one thing that we can't touch the brits on at all is prog, we had Zappa and now we have TMV and Tool but that's pretty much it for American prog, and Canada has Rush and Harmonium. Many of the biggest and best prog bands if not from the UK, come from other European countries like Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands and Sweden. It's a very European thing.

You brits also put out a lot of quality electronica. Aphex Twin, The Orb, Massive Attack, etc. I think it's what you have excelled at the most for the 90s and 00s.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote