Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Live Act You Had to Sit Through
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 01:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
i've heard that from so many people that MGMT were awful. all i've seen are videos of them and it looks like all they do is jump and clap.

mine would probably be the opener for a QOTSA concert a while ago that labeled themselves "The Vultures of Culture". fcking abysmal, every song was the same structure: garbage vocals and power chords with a cheesy Casio playing over top of everything. it was so bad that Josh Homme had to come out early and tell the crowd to shut up.
wow haha

my worse was the opening act for the first time i saw the queens also (2005). it was a band called 'throw rag', they sucked but not to the point of homme coming out to calm the crowd haha. no one in the band uses their real names but the guitar player used to be in sugar ray and i'm pretty sure it was the vocalist from buckcherry. either way they effing sucked.

i was extra pissed because initially it was supposed to be 'the eagles of deathmetal' opening the show but the singer couldn't leave the states at the time due to custody issues or something along those lines. turns out i caught the last show with mark lanegan in the band too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote