Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #1209 (permalink)
blachalaheebow
Music Addict

Tasavallan Presidentti - Lambertland

Jazzy, lush, slightly psychadelic, and therefore totally awesome finnish jazz-rock. They've even got some horns, and a fantastic guitarist.

Yes - Relayer

Until now, I hadnt ventured past CTTE, mostly because both Wakeman and Bruford are gone soon after, but man, was I missing out. Despite the lack of those two, Relayer is actually an awesome album. The new keyboard player is pretty awesome, too. It is still very obviously Yes, but they have an edgier sound, and the musicians take more risks(i.e. "sound chaser") not to mention "Gates of Delirium" is one of the most epic Yes songs I think Ive ever heard...and I just cant get over how AWESOME that album cover is.

Boud Deun - Astronomy Made Easy

This is just freaking insane! Energetic, chaotic, yet sometimes quite beautiful, Progressive rock ownage. What is particularly amazing is the instrumental virtuosity these guys have. All four of them(guitar, bass, drums, violin) are just amazing. Influences range from Jazz to folk to punk. Now one of my top 10 favorite albums. You'd do yourself a huge favor to get this one(or their next album, "The Stolen Bicycle", which is also mind-blowing)
blachalaheebow is offline   Reply With Quote