Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #449 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
Ron Ron was looking at Kobe when he did it. He also pointed at Kobe before doing it. The cut throat was obviously aimed at Kobe. Give it up, you're pathetic.
God you're an idiot. He wasn't doing a cut throat gesture. Both Artest and Kobe confirmed this in the post game. Further, Kobe said Artest should not have been kicked out. You're ignoring what I am telling you, therefore you are the douchebag. Kobe's a dirty player who loses his composure on a weekly basis. When Shane Battier plays good D on LeBron, you don't see him throwing elbows in frustration. Kobe does though.

Take a read: Kobe Bryant crosses line between hard-nosed and dirty play - Steve Aschburner - SI.com

For some real discussion, does anyone else hate this notion of "Playoff Basketball?" Here's an idea: Call the game consistently from regular season to post season. I don't care if you call it tight or let the players play physically, just call it straight. I hate the idea that the NBA suddenly turns in to UFC come playoffs when the regular season is a very clean game.

And I also hate when people talk about how tough the game was in the 80s/90s. It's a different game now. There are less restrictions on zone defense (though there is a defensive 3 seconds), and the game is now a guard's game. Before the rules demanded more 1 on 1 matchups in game, which is partly why players like Jordan were able to do so good. In my opinion there should be no restrictions whatsoever. You should be able to put 5 guys in the paint for as long as you want and force the other team to earn their points from the field. It would make for a much more competitive league IMO.

dac is offline   Reply With Quote