Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Album Reviews 2
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies

Track Listing:

1. Daylight Dies
2. This Is Absolution
3. Arms of Sorrow
4. Unbroken
5. My Curse
6. For You
7. My Heart Still Beats Your Name
8. Through the Eye of the Storm
9. Break the Silence
10. Desperate Times
11. Reject Yourself

Album Review:
AWwwwwWWwww yeahhhhhhya. This is a magnificent album from the metalcore band Killswitch Engage. This band has everything that a metalhead would want. Mosh pits,beer chugging,and hardcore vocals. I only really got into this band about 3 months ago. This album really changed my out look on them. Before I knew really who they were they were just another metal band thats it just another metal act. But how I came across this album is: I was bored at school so I was looking for some Trivium music. My search led me to the Roadrunner Records homepage. After about an hour of listening to the same Trivium songs I said "Awww. What the hell, I'll give Killswitch a chance." And man was I amazed. The reasons I was amazed are first off this band has everything a metalhead would want as I stated earlier. Second, a black man in the metal world was not known of. I think it is amazing that the band changed lead singers and got even better. I mean the old Killswitch was pretty good from what I hear. (Listen to the song "My last serenade." It's a great song that ironicly was wrote by the old lead singer when he was going to leave the band. But man what about the songs? My favorite song on here would have to be "This is Absolution". It's a great song that you should really give a listen. I rate this album a 8/10, I rate it an 8 because I don't really like when they sing "Normally". It is'nt that appealign to me. Anyways my rate is actually really good. How could I rate them any lower with crowds the size of the one in this video. The song in the video is "This is Absolution". Also they have so pretty good lyrics. Here's a sample. They are from the song "My Last Serenade."

from sorrow to serenity, the truth is absolution
from sorrow to serenity, it's on your head
this is my last serenade
I feel you as you fall away
this is my last serenade
from yourself you can't run away

Killswitch Engage - This Is Absolution | Video |Roadrunner Records

Last edited by coryallen2; 05-13-2009 at 09:36 AM.