Music Banter - View Single Post - Rate the Person Above You's Taste in Music
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #924 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonace View Post
6.5/10

Some GREAT choices and some absolutely HORRIBLE ones. Overall though I wouldn't mind listening to that playlist, even if it is a bit "safe".

My latest, mostly noise rock and experimental music:

Greduction Stimulus
Big Black
John Cage
The Monks
PiL
Iron Curtain
Captain Beefheart
Faust
Liars
Haha, Im actually intriguied as to what you think is 'horrible' from the list I gave.

However, I 'cheated' as such & had a quick nosey at your profile. It says your from texas so I guess it would be the likes of the british based artists such as Ocean Colour Scene, Paul Weller etc.
Not a patch on your beloved ZZ Top huh?
Dont worry I can understand, these bands are rooted in British culture and I dont really expect you to be into them.
I suppose its like how Im not really that into Springsteen, but I love Paul Weller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonace View Post
Overall though I wouldn't mind listening to that playlist, even if it is a bit "safe".
I dont get what your on about here , I do listen to a lot of obscure stuff as well, if thats what your meaning. Just for the purpose of that A-Z post I had to choose my 'favourite' artist for each letter of the alphabet & there were multiple choices I could have picked for just about every letter. so it's pretty much a very bleak insight into my taste in music.

P.S. Captain Beefheart is weird as ****! I still prefer Frank Zappa though .
Also if you like 'noise' as in actual noise you should check out a guy called Merzbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote