Music Banter - View Single Post - Dream Theater--Greatest Metal Band of this Era
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #241 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
I'm sorry you can't be talented if you make ****ty music
Because that's completely objective.

Music quality is entirely subjective, however I think talent can be measured objectively somewhat. So that's where we differ.

Quote:
sure you can have all the technical skill in the world and still not be talented.
Wrong.

Technical skill is in itself a talent, therefore it makes you talented to a degree. To compose a great melody is entirely subjective, sure writing a catchy melody ain't easy for anybody, however I think it takes a lot more talent to make a complex and catchy melody than a simple and catchy melody.

Quote:
I hate people who say "I don't like Dream Theater but they are great musicians". No sorry, great musicians make great music, ****ty musicians make ****ty boring music.
This is just dumb. Basically you're saying you shouldn't have any respect for musicians who put a lot of love, care and effort into their music just because you don't like it?

You can not like say The Beatles or Stevie Wonder, but to say they're talentless is objectively wrong.

Quote:
As such stop saying you don't like this band but they're good musicians. If you don't like it, then by your standards they're not good musicians.
No. I don't care if it bothers you, I can hate a persons music and still admire their talent, that's my personal philosophy and if that annoys you then too bad.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote