Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #176 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comus View Post
You have completely misunderstood everything. Me calling dylan an "old hack" isn't ageism as you seem I meant it. It's because he is a hack and is old, being old contributes nothing to him being a hack, but it means I will add his age to it. Cash made good albums and didn't make stupid statements, and as such isn't an old hack. It has nothing to do with age, it's just normal to generally refer to someone older by their age when reffering to their hackishness
Im glad you recognise that his age has nothing to do with him supposedly being a 'hack' as you call it. What you on about- 'didnt make stupid statements'.
Even if they did you cant exactly talk!
Dylan & Cash are both excellent songwriters and singers & you should have more respect.

I disagree with the people who say Dylan's voice is 'completely shot' in his most recent material.
Ok it isnt as 'lively' (if you like) on the likes of 'Desire' but that was 30 odd years ago and he is now in his late 60s so it is to be expected.

Also I dont find it normal to refer to someones age when it is completely unrelated/unnescessary to do so when discussing a totally different aspect of that person.

I find this intriuging & prompts me to ask you if you didnt like a 'black' artist for instance would you draw upon the colour of their skin or their ethnic origin & then try to pass it off as 'normal'.

Think about it, I know its not the same thing on the 'extreme-o-meter' side of things but it is the same concept/mentality.

Finally let me ask you, are you just 'arguing for the sake of it'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.

Last edited by Mirrorball95; 05-17-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote