Music Banter - View Single Post - Bulldog's Armchair Guide To Elvis Costello
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 05:00 AM   #80 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohkasey View Post
Elvis Costello is easily one of my faves... And I can't express how pleased I am to see your posts, definitely more credible in the music industry than any Katy Perry, and it's a shame that this thread is the only one shining on his talent.

I only have one thing to say -- Greenshirt is without a doubt one of my favorite songs by him. It's criminal that it's only been mentioned twice (according to my readings.). Definitely worth another listen to those of you who have shoved it aside for the more recognized tunes.
I'm pretty sure 99% of the songs are mentioned by me only in the posts about the albums they belong to, so even the more well-known ones like Alison, Oliver's Army, Pump It Up and so on only get the one mention themselves. I'm personally not a huge fan of Armed Forces anyway - I probably was a little bit harsh on it with my rating here, but albums like Get Happy, Trust and Imperial Bedroom are so much better. In my opinion anyway.

Thanks a lot for the feedback - it's great to know people are reading this thread. Only 3 more reviews to go now (that'll become 4 in about 3 weeks' time - can't bleedin' wait)
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote