Music Banter - View Single Post - Don't Ask Don't Tell
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #51 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Ship 14, Great Lakes. I think we actually split it in half and did 40 plus at a time, Port and Stbd. We had a double shower and a separate single one. The double could fit about 10-12 at a time, but the other 30 guys stood around the inner walls of the shower waiting their turn. We were only authorized to use the single on Sunday (Holiday Routine) and we could shower alone. Alot of the guys hid in the head stalls to avoid showering with everyone and would only shower on sunday.
I don't even remember my Ship number lol but I remember my division number....I lucked out....I was in a co-ed division. lucky bastards, we didn't have a single one that we could use on sundays.....the only difference on sundays is that we could take an hour long shower if we wanted to. Which we would because that whole shower, shit and shave in 15mins wasn't cutting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
That's bullshit. Reversing a policy doesn't take that much time (and he did it regularly with Bush policies) and dealing with this Choi situation would only take a few minutes for him to make a statement - a few minutes he instead took to say he wouldn't intervene. There's no excuse for his hypocrisy.
I don't blame him....he's a politician. He is suppose to be somewhat of a hypocrite. It comes with the territory. He may want to do one thing but then his advisory staff may give him reasons why he shouldn't act on those decisions. He does have the choice to ignore them and do what he wishes but like I said there are other pressing issues that have higher priority. When you are president you can take the short amount of time it takes to reverse said policy.

Last edited by djchameleon; 05-18-2009 at 06:29 AM.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote