Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #180 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
Im glad you recognise that his age has nothing to do with him supposedly being a 'hack' as you call it. What you on about- 'didnt make stupid statements'.
Even if they did you cant exactly talk!
Dylan & Cash are both excellent songwriters and singers & you should have more respect.

I disagree with the people who say Dylan's voice is 'completely shot' in his most recent material.
Ok it isnt as 'lively' (if you like) on the likes of 'Desire' but that was 30 odd years ago and he is now in his late 60s so it is to be expected.

Also I dont find it normal to refer to someones age when it is completely unrelated/unnescessary to do so when discussing a totally different aspect of that person.

I find this intriuging & prompts me to ask you if you didnt like a 'black' artist for instance would you draw upon the colour of their skin or their ethnic origin & then try to pass it off as 'normal'.

Think about it, I know its not the same thing on the 'extreme-o-meter' side of things but it is the same concept/mentality.

Finally let me ask you, are you just 'arguing for the sake of it'?
That's stupid. You can't juxtapose ethnicity and age and treat it like they effect musical equally. They don't. Ethnicity is completely irrelevant to musical quality while age on the other hand isn't. People can go senile or just lost touch as they grow old and the same thing can happen to musicians; ignoring their age as a factor based on some misguided beliefs on ageism would be retarded particularly if they've begun "slipping" as they've grown older or like many artists (a la Madonna, Rolling Stones, AC/DC) been pulling some embarrassing stunts/live shows in a desperate attempt to stay "relevant."
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote