Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #181 (permalink)
Comus
I'm sorry, is this Can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
Im glad you recognise that his age has nothing to do with him supposedly being a 'hack' as you call it. What you on about- 'didnt make stupid statements'.
Even if they did you cant exactly talk!
Dylan & Cash are both excellent songwriters and singers & you should have more respect.
The American recordings are brilliant, so is Dylans 60's and 70's work
Quote:
I disagree with the people who say Dylan's voice is 'completely shot' in his most recent material.
Ok it isnt as 'lively' (if you like) on the likes of 'Desire' but that was 30 odd years ago and he is now in his late 60s so it is to be expected.
Nothing wrong with his voice, there is however so much wrong with his delivery, songwriting and choice of melodies.

Quote:
Also I dont find it normal to refer to someones age when it is completely unrelated/unnescessary to do so when discussing a totally different aspect of that person.
Old Hack defines him perfectly, becuase he is old and a hack, even though they are completely unrelated.

Quote:
I find this intriuging & prompts me to ask you if you didnt like a 'black' artist for instance would you draw upon the colour of their skin or their ethnic origin & then try to pass it off as 'normal'.
What the **** does colour have to do with anything? I'm sorry but bringing that up is pretty racist.

Quote:
Finally let me ask you, are you just 'arguing for the sake of it'?
You're the one arguing, not me, I made an opinion and you dissagreed and rightfully posted such, however that makes you the starter of the argument, so I'm going to ask you the same thing.
Originally Posted by antonio
classical music isn't exactly religious, you know?
um
last.fm
Comus is offline   Reply With Quote