Music Banter - View Single Post - Blur or Oasis
Thread: Blur or Oasis
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 06:51 AM   #337 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Oasis suck, fair enough you cant take the first album away from them, but they should never have got as big & as overblown as they were & surprisingly still are...

I think they just came along at the right time as it was all dance music that dominated at that time & they were seen as 'the saviours of british rock' or whatever, whereas it was really Suede who started the whole Britpop thing off but of course they dont get the credit they deserve.
If you look at a lot of their contemporaries who were seen as being 'beneath them' are actually a lot better- Cast,Pulp especially, The Verve, Kula Shaker, Shack, Manic Street Preachers, Charlatans, Black Grape plus more.

I actually heard that when Oasis were first starting out, people in Manchester were saying that Liam Gallagher was totally ripping off Tim Burgess from the Charlatans.
Then when Oasis got big people heard the Charlatans & thought it was the other way about!
I also thought this when I first heard the Charlatans album 'Tellin' Stories' until I backtracked and found this out

Im not that big on Blur but I do like Damon Albarn's ideas (Gorillaz & Good Bad & The Queen) & think he is a much more gifted musician than the Gallaghers- who are just a couple of boring, talentless knob-ends.
I must in this case say Blur just for the simple fact that they re-defined the band with their last album 'Think Tank' & also went on to do even better things- namely Gorillaz & Good Bad & The Queen.
Also Graham Coxon's solo career is pretty cool at points.

So for this reason alone I must say Blur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote