Music Banter - View Single Post - Cory's Album Reviews 2
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
coryallen2
Account Disabled

Anberlin - New Surrender

Track Listing

1. The Resistance
2. Breaking
3. Blame Me! Blame Me!
4. Retrace
5. Feel Good Drag
6. Dissappear
7. Breathe
8. Burn Out Brighter (Northern Lights)
9. Younglife
10. Haight St.
11. Soft Skeletons
12. Miserabile Visu (Ex Malo Bonum)

Album Review

Anberlin is a band that formed in Florida in 2002. They are an american alternative rock group. This band has'nt always been under this name or the same genre. They used to be a band called SaGoh 24/7 in the late 1990's. They released 2 studio albums under that name. They have released 4 studio albums under the name Anberlin. This is a really good album. The best song on here in my eyes would be "Feel Good Drag". It's pretty popular on the radios over here in the USA. It starts out with a little bit of a rythem, then mellows out and he sings the first verse and when he gets to "Were do we begin" the chorus starts. It's a very mellow song more drum work then anything else. The vocals in this song are incredible. When he sings the verses he is singing in a deeper tone and when the chorus comes he gets a high pitch melody goign that could suck you through the speakers. After about half of the song all the instraments get quite and it's just his voice. After that it transforms into him just owning who ever this song is about. With that song and all of the others on this album, this album is going to be a huge success. You guys and girls have probably heard these guys before the chorus to "Feel Good Drag" goes like "Was this over before, Before it ever began..." I would reccomend this album to anyone that likes Alternative rock like Staind,Trapt or Nickleback. If you like this album I would reccomend you to go get there other three albums that are titled "Blueprints For The Black Market :2003" "Never Take Friendship Personal :2005" "Cities :2007". I will rate this album a 10/10 because it is just amazing. The talent of the guitars and vocals is just somethign to die for. So go grab a copy of this Album and the other three. Also below is a link to the video for "Feel Good Drag". Enjoy.

Anberlin "Feel Good Drag"