Music Banter - View Single Post - MB improvements
Thread: MB improvements
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #104 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95 View Post
Also Toretrodden is alright, so I dont know why he being portrayed as some kind of infraction wielding forum demon.

By the way (Ive been wondering) is it not kind of annoying being a Mod on this forum? I mean with all the responsibilities in life with being a virtual moderator added to it.
I mean what if you dont want to go on your pc one day but you have to incase some troll is posting one words lol.
I think if most view you favourably except for a minority of rulebreakers who think of you as a demon, that's probably an indicator you're doing something right As moderators, we take freedoms away from people - the freedom to break the rules - and we punish. People subject to moderation don't like that so of course a mod won't be popular with everyone and I think that just comes with the job.

As for added responsibilities, it can certainly become tedious (not saying it is here, but I have experiences from elsewhere), but then having a large moderators team helps .. when you're off for a few days, someone else is there to pick up the slack and you do the same for them when they're gone.