Music Banter - View Single Post - Life After Death
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #116 (permalink)
Whatsitoosit
Bringer of Carrots

well on the contrary if I believed or didn't believe in an afterlife, just because, that to me would be a cop out. Actually giving it some thought and looking at it psychologically to question or understand why some humans can't just accept it's lights out/game over and that's that isn't a cop out. To me it's thinking we are more important to the plan and perhaps we are... but who's to say procreation itself isn't what is necessary to keep things moving and there is no stage 2? Maybe, once we're gone... we're gone but our children will carry things on, and so on. I am giving this plenty of thought. To simply doubt or to simply believe are one in the same... I'm giving my reasons for why I think we want to believe and why I feel the way I do.

Do I think I'm thoughtless? no, I think my parents gave plenty of thought (I hope) before having me. Why does it need to go any further then that? why can't I just be born, raised, a product of my upbringing/environment, good times, bad times, fail, succeed, procreate, die, the end? the need to believe it goes further then that to me is arrogance. Maybe it's not unhealthy arrogance, maybe it's what we feel comfortable with and what we were taught, great... be comfortable. Perhaps I'm over thinking it a bit.

Last edited by Whatsitoosit; 05-21-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote