Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 04:38 PM   #492 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
Here's why I don't see Orlando as a threat:

Turk is their clutch guy and is awful in the clutch. I'll give he and Lewis credit for hitting huge shots last night, but that won't happen again based on their history as players.
True, Lewis won't be as hot a last night the whole series, but neither will LBJ. The only reason he was unstoppable was because he was hot from mid range. When he's not hitting he'll to go through Howard to get to the rim.

Quote:
Also Howard is a match-up problem (for everyone), but he can't beat Lebron on his own and isn't even their go-to-guy down the stretch.
He's going to destroy the Cavs every game in this series. Sure he can't do it all, but it should be enough for the Magic to win 2 more games.

Quote:
The match-ups do favor Orlando, but Lebron counters all of that.
This is true against Orlando, but not against the Lakers.

Quote:
Why Lebron is way better then everyone:

Best Offensive player in the NBA, best defensive player in the NBA (finished second in the voting) and fastest player in the NBA. His clutch stats are unparalleled, he is the most unique and dominant physical player of any era excluding Wilt and Shaq and he's a guard.
Did you not see Alston blow by him? If he wasn't intimidated so much he could have done that all night when they had Lebron on him. He's nowhere near as quick as the likes of Parker, Paul, Wade etc. He is not the best defensive player, I'd take Battier, Artest, Howard, Bryant, and arguably Wade over him.

Quote:
When his jumper is on he is unstoppable. When it's not, you better hope his team mates aren't hitting or the refs aren't calling it close.
Agreed.

Quote:
Every Cavs players except James was below their splits in game one, Howard, Turk and Lewis were all above theirs, that won't happen again.
You could the same about the Magic, Ilgauskas and Lebron had big game, Howard and Lewis had big games. Both teams played like **** for a half. And I guarantee you Howard gets at least 2 blocks each game the rest of the series.

Quote:
Cleveland wins game two by double figures and the series in five, maybe six but I doubt it.
It'll go to 7.

Quote:
Of course I could be wrong, but i really doubt it this year.
The Lakers are the only team that can beat the Lakers. Lebron will be the best player in the series, but 4 of the top 5 (Maybe 5 of the top 6, depends on Bynum) players will be on the Lakers. Don't say that Lebron will just will the Cavs to victory, Kobe is capable of the same thing, and his supporting cast just blows away Lebrons.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote