Music Banter - View Single Post - Revamping the NHL
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 08:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
St. Louis (Even though I'm a fan): Less fan support, inferior, older team. You could say the same things about all but a few teams, the only reason the Sharks are even being considered is because they're an expansion team, no?
The reason I considered the Sharks is because they are one of the more recent expansion teams yes, but also because of their location and nickname.

I have no patience for Sharks, Ducks, Raptors, Grizzlies, Heat, Magic,, Wild etc.

Your nickname should reflect your town and not be a chic cartoon animal.

St. Louis is one of the original NHL expansion teams from the late 1960's. I remember when Scotty Bowman coached them, they have a lot more history and went just as far as the sharks did in the playoffs this year (sorry).

It's a valid contention though,the franchise is not doing as well as it once did but I still think one team in Cali is plenty.

I'm not sure the Sharks are more popular then the Blues however. STL is a great sports town and they love their Blues, I get the impression Sharks fans are very few in numbers but passionate. What's your impression on that, being out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote