Music Banter - View Single Post - Revamping the NHL
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
The reason I considered the Sharks is because they are one of the more recent expansion teams yes, but also because of their location and nickname.

I have no patience for Sharks, Ducks, Raptors, Grizzlies, Heat, Magic,, Wild etc.

Your nickname should reflect your town and not be a chic cartoon animal.

St. Louis is one of the original NHL expansion teams from the late 1960's. I remember when Scotty Bowman coached them, they have a lot more history and went just as far as the sharks did in the playoffs this year (sorry).

It's a valid contention though,the franchise is not doing as well as it once did but I still think one team in Cali is plenty.

I'm not sure the Sharks are more popular then the Blues however. STL is a great sports town and they love their Blues, I get the impression Sharks fans are very few in numbers but passionate. What's your impression on that, being out there?
I know the Sharks are an expansion team and it's certainly a valid point, but the Tank is packed every night (Don't know the exact numbers, just personal experience) and the Sharks have been one of the most successful teams in the regular season this decade. I don't see your point about 1 team being enough for Cali, we're basically split into two states...
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote