Music Banter - View Single Post - Most underrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 06:15 AM   #376 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaborgZaloog View Post
Modest Mouse. If there's at least 1 person in the world that doesn't like them, that means they're underrated.
Modest Mouse are a good band.
I dont think they are exactly mindblowing or anything though. Perhaps they should get a wee bit more recognition but to be honest I think they are pretty much in the right place.
One thing I will say is that I was surprised at the vocals when I first listened to them.
I recentley listened to a band I had been meaning to listen to for ages called British Sea Power who remind me of them.

I have two albums 'Good News For People Who Love Bad News' (2004) & the more recent one with Johnny Marr- 'We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank' (2007), my favourite being the one they did with Johnny Marr.

Heres my entry, I think John S. Hall's work the lyrics in particular are very underrated. The music at times can be excellent but what hes talking about over it i.e 'f*cking in the street' is a load of nonsense lol.
I think this song speaks a lot of sense:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.

Last edited by Mirrorball95; 05-23-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote