Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Musical Week
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Strawfoot

Been meaning to look into these guys ages ago but I'm happy I finally did, another artist has been added to my ever expanding collection of "Gothic Country" which makes me feel very happy. The album I was able to obtain "Chasing Locusts" was brilliantly executed with a good blend of rock and country with the dark song writing that drew me into the genre.

Creech Holler

Following up Strawfoot wasn't easy, but I was recommended this band from last.fm and I didn't even bother to listen before finding the album and buying it (yes that's right I BOUGHT it). First of all, the cover for the album is an amazing drawing, so much that lucifer_sam asked me to send it to him. While a bit more rock based than Strawfoot, Creech Holler have made me a fan and I will be on the lookout for the rest of their stuff.

Aydio

London based DJ, composer, and producer, Adam Harper really wowed me with this 4 song EP. Some of the most beautifully done Trip Hop that I`ve heard in awhile, I really gotta give it up this guy, I cannot wait for his new EP to drop on June 15th, mark your calender!

Sixtoo

I got this courtesy of Sidewinder in the weekly music trade and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by it. It was more trip hop than anything else, but it managed to keep my attention, which is something trip hop doesn`t always do. For the most part instrumental, which was cool because most of the instrumental hip hop stuff I get is Japanese but this was Canadian so it had a more Western edge to it if that makes any sense at all. Enjoyed it very much and will definitely look up more stuff by this guy.

LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote